• Advocacy Role – the Métis community looks to the MNA Housing Sector to advocate for the housing needs of its membership and to assist with housing issues.
• Networking and Building Relationships – the MNA Housing Sector develops relationships to enhance and initiate new partnerships to address the housing needs of Métis Albertans.
• The Housing Sector implements a number of initiatives that address Métis capacity building, housing project development, and promotes an awareness of housing policies, programs and services.
Métis Urban Housing Corporation
• Métis Urban Housing Corporation (MUHC) is responsible to the Métis people of Alberta through the Métis Nation of Alberta and financially accountable to the MNA membership and to Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation under Section 95 of the National Housing Act.
• MUHC is a MNA-owned corporation that provides affordable, adequate, and appropriate rental housing for low and moderate income Métis and aboriginal families within the urban centres of Alberta.
• Our first responsibility is to the Métis and aboriginal families that use our services. In meeting their needs, we will strive for excellence in the delivery of service by encouraging an efficient and cooperative team approach within the corporation that is sensitive to and understanding of the cultural and social values of our clients.
For additional information, including about seniors' housing, please contact the Housing and Commuity Support Manager at:
MNA Provincial Office
#100, Delia Gray Building
11738 Kingsway Ave.
Edmonton, AB T5G 0X5
Tel: 1-800-252-7553 or (780) 455-2200
Fax: (780) 452-8948